The Avocent HMX 6000 Series is an IP-based high performance KVM extender that forms part of the matrix solution. This enables you to locate your critical computing hardware in a secure and temperature controlled environment away from the user work station, while maintaining a pixel perfect desktop experience.
- USB 2.0 with Class Control – Enables connection of USB devices from mice and keyboards through to graphics tablets, jog shuttles, joysticks and 3D explorers, alongside mass storage devices.
- Redundant Network Operation – The units are able to detect whether the network is in operation and can automatically change to its second network port if it detects a failure.
- High Video Performance over VNC – The VNC server can be accessed by a standard web browser but for superior graphical performance, a Real VNC viewer should be used.
– View 2560 x 1600 or two 1920 x 1200 sessions
– Real VNC server with RFB 3.3 support
– Up to 256bit AES and RSA 2048 encryption
– VM support and RS232 for power control
– Supports 16 users simultaneously
– Out of band BIOS level access
- Ideal for Control Rooms
– Plug and play
– 100m extension distance on single Catx; unlimited using standard IP network
– 500m to 10km over fiber
– Single link or single head configuration
– 1920 x 1200 @ 60Hz (Single-Link), 2560 x 1600 @ 60Hz (Dual-Link) maximum resolution
– USB mass storage supported plus keyboard, mouse tablet and touch
– Screen mass storage
– Redundant network operation
- Hardware Compatibility – All computers with DVI-D, USB, Audio, RS232 – requirement dependent.
- DVI-D – Digital Visual Interface (digital only) – The system supports either two Single Link DVI resolutions to a maximum of 1920 x 1200 @ 60Hz or a single Dual Link to a maximum of 2560 x 1600 @ 60Hz
- USB 2.0 with Class Control – Supports USB 2.0 devices (low, full and high speed). The system has a security feature allows the blocking of non HID devices. Isochronous devices are not supported (e.g. USB audio or video devices).
- Digital Stereo Audio – The system delivers analog stereo audio (line in, line out) digitally across the network.
- RS232 – RS232 can be passed between the units to a maximum baud rate 115K2. RS232 is reserved for power control.
- Software Compatibility – All known operating systems (except Sun BIOS access).
- System Connections – 1 x RJ45 for VNC access 1 x RJ45 and 1 x SFP for HMX networking
- Physical Design – 1U compact case, robust metal construction. 198mm/7.92” (w), 44mm/1.76” (h), 150mm/6.0” (d), 1.1kg/2.7lbs.
- Power – 2.5mm DC jack (power adapter included),100-240VAC 50/60Hz, 0.8A, input to power adapter. 5VDC 20W output from power adapter.
- Operating Temperature – 0 to 40°C / 32 to 104°F.
- Approvals – CE, FCC.